Friday, March 8, 2013

They Will Come

Nothing motivates me more than the anticipation of a visit with my girls!  Whether it be my daughters or grand-daughters, they truly put a pep-in-my-step and that's 'before' we even get together!  They are forged within the core of my being.  Family dynamics keep it interesting and geography can be a challenge but all things considered, visits with them are always cherished.

Given the nature of time (of which there never seems to be quite enough to go around) the curve in the grand scheme of things keeps me in their loop!  The enthusiasm in their bright shiny demeanor and curiosity brings a fresh perspective to life.  As a whole, they are quite a group!  And while they share a common denominator (me!) all their individuality shines through and I find it entertaining to watch them experience the world and develop their hopes and dreams.

The variety of their ages, the foot-path they have traveled and the challenges they encounter all bringing them to who they are and closer to who they will become is quite the journey!   As long as I am in that loop of theirs, I feel their enthusiasm, joy, sorrow and pain.  I share with them what I can, but mostly love them, fully.

So much goes on behind the days gone by, there is much for us to see.  I believe with all my heart, they are a truly the basis of my inspiration and the best of me I can be!